Zum Inhalt springen

GCExplorer - Windows 8

vulvulune

Empfohlene Beiträge

Hello,

Sorry, this message is in English, because I'm Swiss but from Lausanne and my German is not very good.

My name is Valentin and I come from Lausanne and I'm the author of a new application for Windows 8/RT. The first one to use the Geocaching.com services.

You can visit my site here to discover all these features: http://www.gcexplorer.com and you can after download a 15 days free trial version.

The application is only compatible on Windows 8 and Windows RT (tablets).

If you have any suggestion to help me to improve the application, or any comments don't hesitate to contact me. And please, if you like the application rate it in the Windows Store.

Valentin

Hello,

First impression is good... don't know if it is more useful then the website.

For an online use, the goal of the application is to be more comfortable than the web site, especially when you use it on a tablet with a touch screen. And for an offline use, it's very nice to save your caches into offline lists and download them on your GPS device and if you have a tablet with a GPS you can use it to go until the cache.

Secon impression: the lack to choose a different language then french! At least it must be in english language. (maybe I overlooked it?!)

The application is in French and English. Windows selects automatically what seems to be the best language for you. To change them, go to in your control panel in the section "Clock, Language, and Region", click "Language" and here keep only "German (Switzerland)" and remove all the other lines (especially if you have a French line) and open again the application. It will be in English.

I will try to translate in German in a next version.

Valentin

Thanks for explanation.

I cannot remove french for (optional) language on WIN8, i need to switch it (fast). So I have to live with it, not a very comfortable language system. I like to FIX the language. On the other side; i not allways use software in German language, because translations are sometimes really bad, so i like to have it in english... :-)

I have an idea to correct your problem. Put Swiss german as first language, english (US or UK) in the second, and french in 3rd. Like this Windows will choose English for GCExplorer and you keep the french for a quick switching.

Unfortunately, the language support in Windows 8 isn't super, but I can't override it.